Thursday 1 September 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Are authors of “how to be great developer” blogs great developers?

Ask HN: Are authors of “how to be great developer” blogs great developers?
16 by vpaulus | 21 comments on Hacker News.
Every time I am reading blog posts about "how to become a great developer", or "what´s the difference between a good and a great developer", I am marvelling the self-confidence of the author. Or better to say: I am wondering if I should have better self-confidence too? During my 20 years of work experience as a developer, I´ve never felt that I am a great. Neither good. Maybe good enough, or good-ish. And it depends of many factors. First, I always know some guys, who are better than me. One is coding quicker, the other does not need so much googling or checking documentations during work, the next one has better code structure, and so on. I always had/have multiple leveled lists in my head, what I need to improve. To write tests. To change Js to Ts. To practice quicker typing. To create better snippets. To learn better focusing. I could continue the list... I don´t think I can tag myself as "great" until the list is done. Do these bloggers?

No comments:

Post a Comment