Tuesday 28 June 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Devs who passed whiteboarding at FAANG: how do you feel about it?

Ask HN: Devs who passed whiteboarding at FAANG: how do you feel about it?
14 by user0x1d | 9 comments on Hacker News.
Most of the blogs I read about whiteboarding and leetcode style questions come together with hate. “It doesn’t test real world scenarios” or “not proof of how well I’m gonna do at the job”. Do you agree with those? Or is it just the case that the tests are designed to see if the person applying is actually really smart and interviewers want to work with really smart people, and those complaining about these types of questions are just not good enough? Honest question and I’m not taking any side although I admit it I tried to phrase it more towards getting favourable FAANG responses

No comments:

Post a Comment