Sunday 21 November 2021

New top story on Hacker News: Tell HN: Amazon fraudulently canceling orders as returned items

Tell HN: Amazon fraudulently canceling orders as returned items
46 by sigmaprimus | 8 comments on Hacker News.
Just wanted to let people know incase there are sellers that are having to pay return fees for items that Amazon has canceled due to the state of emergency and highway washouts in British Columbia. I just got scolded by the rudest customer service rep I have ever dealt with. Apperantly I should "Know full well that BC had a weather event and that my items were damaged" which is another lie as I tracked them and they never left the Amazon processing center. But anyways I assume what they are doing is clearing up space for new deliverable orders as the center is jammed full of packages that are for addresses cut off from the lower mainland. All new orders are being rerouted from the east rather than the south, but instead of reshipping the items at their southern warehouse, they just claimed they were all returns and placed the owness on the sellers for returned items. I guess doing the right thing would have eaten into Amazons profit margins, and if those margins are not big enough...well I guess their billionaire owner wont be able to take another joy ride into space. Dealing with Amazon customer support is felling more and more like dealing with an abusive partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment