Thursday 18 November 2021

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: What makes a good engineering blog?

Ask HN: What makes a good engineering blog?
7 by stichers | 4 comments on Hacker News.
Reading this page (https://ift.tt/3oEzmOH) and I've found a few blogs I like, but I'm struggling to build a rubric for what makes a good engineering blog. I'm working with some awesome engineers who have day jobs but still find time to write some posts. How do we make sure we make best use of their time? Do "How we did X to improve Y" posts work? Do you want backgrounders to our key area or should we assume knowledge and give a bucketload of detail? I'm assuming nobody wants promotional content, but if we say how awesome we think something is because we solved our biggest pain point, does that count?

No comments:

Post a Comment