Friday 19 November 2021

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Why is there no good open-source LMS?

Ask HN: Why is there no good open-source LMS?
27 by seestraw | 11 comments on Hacker News.
I want to start a teaching business. I'm struggling to find good open-source software on which I can start building my platform. The state-of-the-art seems to be Moodle or Canvas which are designed for universities - they use archaic UI and features. Is there something where I can host an online course, also have live classes and perhaps add on features like a community for students, assignments, etc? The only options I am seeing are things like Kajabi and Teachable which are very restrictive in their feature set, and not customizable. Anyone running an edtech company here? What do you use? Or do you build everything custom?

No comments:

Post a Comment