Wednesday 10 November 2021

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How do you manage your personal documents?

Ask HN: How do you manage your personal documents?
87 by ftio | 48 comments on Hacker News.
As I get older, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to manage the seemingly constant influx of 'important' documents. Fortunately, most documents are sent to me digitally, where I can easily file them on my computer and back them up. For non-digital documents like auto lease paperwork, home-related legal documents, major bills that I want to keep around, etc, my filing system is incredibly poor. By 'poor', I mean: it takes far too long to find the document I'm looking for, it's difficult to decide where to file something, and it's too difficult to find things. Every few years, we take a stab at reorganizing our files, but the lack of searchability and the other affordances of digital documents leaves me wanting more. How do you organize your personal documents? Do you digitze them somehow? Do you have a great filing system? I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment